Thursday, February 7, 2008

My sidewalk







I live in Rego park it is part of the NEW YORK city borough of QUEENS.The neighbohood North boundary is Elmhurst and Corona, the east and south is ForestHills and the west is the mMiddle village.
My house is located in (WOODHAVEN BLVD & 63 AVE),this area has a huge nember of jewish population,most of them are jewish immigrants wh came from RUSSIA, ISRAEL, ROMANIA, IRAN and ALBANIA. QUEENS CENTER MALL, the boroughs largest shopping center is a few blocks away from my house,which include some of queens most popular shopping department stores such as macy's , jcpenny and sears. This mall gives a nice view for the area but it drives me crazy,because it makes the area too crawded by people and cars during the day time and weekends. Also it give me ahard time to take the bus to go home,so i have to wait in a big line, almost two blocks long to reach the bus.WOODHAVEN BLVD is a major boulevard that runs north and south it is always noisy during the day time,alot of trucks,private cars and yellow cabs drive through. it is also a main way to reach JFK AIRPORT ,thats why it is always crawded and noise during the day time and weekends. night time is different, less noise around the area because there are less cars ,but my block is always crawded, this is because we have a lot of stores, kosher restaurant, bars, supermarkets and medical offices.
Most of the people who use my block during the day time is old people who cames for the medical offices (which is the next door & the far corner of the other side of the street).In the afternoon shoppers come to the supermarkets and people who just came back from work would like to have lunch in one of the restaurants next to my house also use my block.Night time u can find people standing in groups in front of the bars.
every day the same thing happen thats why i love my neighborhood.

No comments: